Today in class we took some more notes on the PowerPoint. We talked about the civilization in Mesopotamia. We learned about how Sumer was conquered by the Akkadians in 2350 B.C. Then how the Akkadian forced the people to worship their Gods. We also learned about Hammurabi's Code. Hammurabi's Code was a series of laws (282 laws). We looked up the list of laws and discovered that many of these laws were very specific and violent. Some examples are: "209. If a man strikes a free-born woman so that she loses her unborn child, he shall pay ten shekels for her loss. 210. If the woman dies, his daughter shall be put to death. 211. If a woman of the free class loses her child by a blow, he shall pay five shekels in money. 212. If this woman dies, he shall pay half a mina." - This is saying that if a man hits a pregnant women and she loses her child, then he has to pay 10 shekels, but if she dies, then her daughter has to die, or if she survives, but the child di...
Today is the last day before Spring Break! Today we were assigned to find two images of Greek architecture and explain them. The first image I found was the Temple of Apollo: The temple of Apollo was built in the 7th c. B.C. in Delphi, Greece. It was a very big temple, but as you can see in the picture is was destroyed many times over the years. It was built by Trophonios and Agamedes, two legendary architects. The temple was built and named after the god of archery, music and dance, truth and prophecy, healing and diseases, the Sun and light, poetry, and more. It is known as the religious sanctuary sacred to honor Apollo. The next greek architecture I found was the Temple of Artemis: Both of these pictures are of the Temple of Artemis, but the first one is what people beige it looked like from ancient days, and the second picture is what is left of it now. The temple was built in the 6th century B.C. and is located in th...
Today in class we watched the last presentation and then graded our groups presentation. The last group that presented was on Italy and Tanzania. I learned a lot about Africa while listening to their presentation. I learned that Tanzania is a sub-Saharan African country. When I pictured Africa, I thought everyone in Africa was poor and in poverty. After looking at some pictures of the biggest city in Tanzania, I was shocked to see that it looked like any other big city you would see in the U.S. or any other rich country. The other part of class, we had to grade our members in our group on their part of their presentation. I gave, myself a 95 because I think I created my slide well and worked well, but I think I could have said more information while I was presenting. I gave the other members in our group a good/passing grade because some did more work than others, but everyone did their part of the presentation.
Comments
Post a Comment